Monday 7 April 2014

Test Shots

And so the shooting has begun! Saturday's open day was an amazing experience for me personally, it has helped me gain vital knowledge about the game of golf itself but also where I need to go with this project over the next 4 weeks.

Unfortunately due to the rain, there wasn't much on display in terms of wacky clothing, just plenty of wet weather clothing! There was plenty of gamesmanship though, but I wouldn't of expected anything less...

This image shows the President of the club being pranked on the opening shot of the day. A flour ball, nicely done!! 

Now onto the portraiture side of things...

So as this was the first day of shooting, I still had a few things to experiment with, pose, lighting, background, portrait or landscape images etc...




The first image with the two ladies, although a great portrait, is something that I would like to avoid for shooting next time. The smile in it gives it the fun, snap-shot kind of feel and that's not the aesthetics I would like in these portraits. The awkwardness to the stances of each of the male images is more to where I would like these images to go. 
As for the portrait vs landscape argument, I really like both these images but I feel like the landscape layout lends to the whole basis of the image and gives you a better insight as to where the images are, obviously they're golfers but to have the inclusion of the course in the image only adds to the feel of things. I also need to make sure I use a bit of fill in flash for shooting next time, the middle image is perfect for my final outcomes but it is lacking in that lighting in vital areas... Duly noted!! 












No comments:

Post a Comment