Friday 9 May 2014

Exhibition Layout

In preparation for our degree shows, we have been asked to design a mock exhibition to get a feel for when we come to create our own shows. 

Using a website called Exhibbit, you are able to create a virtual gallery space, giving you a feel for the layout and feel of what my exhibition could/would look like...





The simplicity of this layout is something that I would like to keep in mind for my own exhibition, keeping more focus on the actual images rather than looking too much into the layout and design on the show.

The square format of the images works very well for this show, showing the images a window into the golf course and the subjects.

As I have mentioned Alec Soth before, I had a look into some exhibitions he has held and found that the simplicity I speak of works well, shown in a real world exhibition...





The clean, open look of this layout is not too distracting for the viewer. Also with all my images being the same format and size, it keeps a flow going throughout the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment