Tuesday 6 May 2014

Similarities In My Work And Others

Rineke Dijkstra has cropped up a few times at the feedback sessions that have taken place at university throughout this module, and now my project is entering its final stages, I now know why. The portraits I have been creating are somewhat similar to some of the work she has created, not in terms of aesthetics, but from the awkwardness and uneasiness that crops up in her work, namely the beach portrait series.







With the reference to the awkwardness of the subjects, I feel that Dijkstra's works has a lot in common with the underlying theme I have come to discover in my project.

--------

Alec Soth is another photographer that had been recommended for me to look at. His work is something again that is similar to where my work has been heading, he shoots on a medium format camera, creating a square format image, the way in which I have edited my images.





No comments:

Post a Comment